Sometimes in the office, it’s difficult just to survive. For instance, when a hooded gunman is stalking your beloved “cube farm” with an AK-47, like in the picture above; we’ve all been there. Or, at least felt like it, thanks to a tight deadline or when we’ve mistakenly hooked up with a female co-worker on a whim the night before.
Even on days when you aren’t cowering behind a formica tabletop to save your hide, just getting to work on time can prove difficult. When running late for work, it’s easy to overlook personal grooming and hygiene in order to be on time to the office. Reviews, meetings, plans, and interactions also have a way of rearing their head at inconvenient times. In order to prepare for wildly unexpected situations, 800razors.com, the burn-free razor company, shares its office survival kit.
1. Cut Those Hairs Down to Size – A few unruly neck hairs or a missed patch on your upper lip will have guys sweating bullets that someone will call them out for their missed razor stroke. A silky smooth razor with a thick lubricating strip in your desk, such as a razor from 800razors.com, will keep you razor-burn and hair free.
2. Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff – Body odor can eat at you and the noses of your work neighbors. Instead of worrying about stress sweats, grab your deodorant and rub it on, in private, of course.
3. Brush Away that Garlic Breathe – Oral hygiene plays a huge role in office interactions. While it may be a better idea to avoid potent foods that leave you gassy, having a new toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss is your best secondary line of defense.
4. A Pair to Spare – A sweaty summer day, a stressful meeting, or an untimely rain storm all have ways to make a disaster out of our outfit! Keep a pair of extra socks, underwear, or a t-shirt nearby to keep you feeling fresh and looking neat.
5. Dab It On – An accidental spill of coffee or food has a way of throwing off a guy’s appearance and mojo. Instead of soaking your clothing in the bathroom sink, keep a Tide To Go or other stain removing stick readily accessible to get your look and your attitude back into tip-top shape in no time.
Seventy-eight percent of guys experience shaving irritation, according to the American Academy of Dermatology. As readers know all too well, this manifests in many different ways – Redness, flakes, razor burn, dryness, sensitivity – But what they likely don’t know is there’s one factor to blame for all of these problems, and it’s both surprising and preventable: It’s an off-balance pH. (Dust off that 8th grade science class vocabulary!)
Guys’ skin performs best at pH 5.5. At this slightly acidic pH, the skin’s barrier is optimized to seal moisture in and keep irritants out. But the soap, hot water, abrasive towels and harsh chemicals involved in the daily shave (and daily workout, daily shower, etc.) can raise skin’s pH as high as 9 or 10, causing dryness, breakouts and all those dreaded irritations.
This science has inspired the dermatologist-developed skin care brand Sebamed to launch NEW pH balanced grooming products for men, including an after shave balm and deodorant balm, formulated at exactly pH 5.5 to balance skin after each shave to solve these concerns. Free of soap, alkali, gluten and parabens, these new locker-room essentials will keep even the most sensitive skin smooth and soothed.
If you were an assassin, who’s the first person you would kill? If you said notable pirates in 1715, Schick and “Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag” have your back.
For its latest product offering, Schick has teamed up with “Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag” to produce the stealthiest men’s shaving gift pack ever created. It’s so stealthy that if you acquire it while playing Secret Santa, you will have no idea who gave it to you.
The Schick Hydro 5 Holiday Gift Pack contains the following components: one Schick Hydro 5 Razor, one Schick Hydro canister of Sensitive Shave Gel, one Schick Hydro 5 Travel Cap, three Schick Hydro 5 Razor Cartridges, and one code for unlockable content in “Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag.”
Tags: Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, Christmas Gifts, men's grooming, Men's shaving, Product Review: Schick Hydro 5 Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag Holiday Gift Pack, Schick Hydro 5, Schick Hydro 5 Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag Holiday Gift Pack
As I stood in Arrowhead Stadium — section 125, row 33 — rocking the #83 jersey of Raiders legend Ted Hendricks, the last thing on my mind was the shave I enjoyed that morning courtesy of a razor from 800razors.com.
There I was, getting my sexuality questioned by endless Chiefs fans, in front of endless Chiefs fans in an assault befitting of Kansas City’s league leading defense. But one thing that wasn’t getting questioned was the closeness of the shave delivered via the five-0lade men’s razor from 800razors.com.
Just like the Raiders, 800razors.com is anti-establishment. If the razor game were the AFC West, 800razors.com would be gunning for opposing pretty boy quarterbacks in Denver and San Diego. Sorry KC, outside of Joe Montana, you’ve never had one. From the company’s site:
“Gillette — the monopoly-like gorilla of the razor industry — burns people with their outrageous prices, while the internet razor guys with the funny video burn people by importing crappy razors from Asia and screwing Americans out of jobs. 800razors.com ensures people get the best razor for the best shave at the best price or it will provide a full refund via its Burn-Free Guarantee — no skin burn, wallet burn, or American job-loss burn.”
I am not a bald man, but I know an effective head-shaving razor when I see one.
It looks gimmicky at first, but the minute you insert your fingers and take it for a ride, you notice it was built for maximum efficiency and ease of use. Once you use it, you wonder why no one had ever thought of this before.
Electric razors always bring to mind the image of a man in a cheap suit with a poorly tied, generic red necktie shaving in the front seat of his tiny import as he hurriedly makes his way to his job at Megatron Widget, Inc.
It’s sweaty, tight, confined and irritated, and there is nothing he can do about it. The pit stains on his off-white polyester dress shirt prove that to resist is useless.
But this isn’t an electric razor — this is the CoolTec dry shaver from Braun.
Compared to several of Schick’s other offerings, I wasn’t very impressed with the Xtreme3 Fitstyle Refresh. I found it to be incredibly stiff, like Newt Gingrich at a Wham reunion concert, because it didn’t move with the contours of my face at all.
According to the packaging the razor came in, the Fitstyle Refresh is the “#1 flexible blade disposable razor.” But I wouldn’t agree it all; I don’t even think it’s the #1 disposable razor in its own family, sort of like Emilio Estevez. There is no way it is better than the Schick Xtreme3 (Martin Sheen) or the Schick Hydro 5 Power Select (Charlie Sheen).
Seventy nine percent of males still use holiday gifts they received in the past (seven years ago) according to a new survey from Braun, a leader in German engineering and high quality design since 1950. Looking for holiday shopping/grooming insight for upcoming articles?
The Braun holiday survey also revealed:
· Most (51 percent) men surveyed shave five to seven times per week
· Fifty-eight percent of men have received an electric shaver as a gift in the past
· Most (34 percent) men expect an electric shaver to last only three to four years
- Sixty-seven percent of respondents believe a smooth shave is likely to be the most popular facial hair style seven years from now, followed by the moustache (16 percent), goatee (16) and mutton chops (1 percent)
· Seventy-two percent of consumers are shopping for two to five men this holiday season
- Forty-three percent of respondents believe their father is the hardest male to shop for during the holidays, followed by friends (30 percent), brothers (19 percent) and grandfathers (8 percent)
To address the need for longer lasting gifts for males this holiday season, Braun offers Series 7. While most shavers last only a few years, Braun Series 7 is engineered to last seven, with dedicated teams of engineers and scientists putting Series 7 through more than 50 quality tests to simulate a five minute shave, seven days a week, for seven years. At the touch of a button, Braun’s Clean & Renewä innovation cleans, charges, lubricates and dries the shaver to maintain optimal cutting performance, while its features, including the Personalization Modes and OptiFoil™, help men to achieve Braun’s closest shave ever.
What’s better than e-mail, e-dating or Eazy-E? eShave’s line of skincare/shaving products!
Recently, eShave’s line of After Shave Soothers won Best Post Shave Lotion by Men’s Health magazine in their 2012 Grooming Awards. It marked the third year in a row that eShave was recognized by Men’s Health, previously winning Best Pre Shave Lotion last year.
Need a disposable razor for that endless holiday trip to visit your in-laws out of state? Check out the Schick Xtreme Eco 3.
The Schick Xtreme 3 Eco is a temporary/disposable razor, but it works with the effectiveness and feel of any full-time blade. Made from recycled plastic hangers and available in a four pack via packaging of 100% post-consumer recycled paper, the Xtreme 3 is light and straightforward.