According to a survey by DentalPlans, bad breath and other oral health issues are among the top three dating “deal breakers.”
Dental dilemmas were superseded only by having an “insanely jealous ex” and “being unemployed” as the top reasons to break off a budding romance. The “Battle of the Sexes” infographic also breaks down where to meet babes, either online or in-person.
The good news is that a great smile can help you connect with your soul mate. Thirty-one percent of those polled, both men and women, said that mouths are the facial feature they notice first. Eyes scored slightly ahead at 34 percent.
During the month of November, thousands of men around the world will grow mustaches as part of Movember. Zoosk.com, the romantic social network, conducted surveys among nearly 8,500 of its members around the globe to gather their thoughts on facial hair. Here are some of the Zoosk survey findings…
- Hairy nation – 64% of American men say they have facial hair.
- The #1 reason men grow facial hair? 40% of men say it gives them more confidence.
- The goatee wins as the preferred form of facial hair among American women.
- Women say the “soul patch” is the least-preferred form of facial hair.
- 63% of American women say that they would be more open to romance with a man who grew facial hair for a worthy cause.
- 50% of women say that Johnny Depp sports the best facial hair.
- 45% of men think Sean Connery has the best facial hair.
Zoosk is the romantic social network that helps members create and share their romantic journeys, with millions of members from around the globe enjoying the service each month. Check the site here.