The data is in and things just got hairy.
A study of men and their grooming habits commissioned by grooming brand Braun some STRIKING figures about global men’s grooming trends.
In New York specifically, the Braun study of over 1,000 New Yorkers, revealed those with facial hair now outnumber their clean-shaven counterparts, with 67 per cent of men now boasting some sort of hair on their face. “The Full Beard” is by far and away the style of the moment, with almost 1 in 3 bearded New Yorkers favoring the “fuller” style. The ‘Goatee & Moustache’ and the ‘Balbo’ were noted as the second and third most popular facial hair styles in New York, respectively.
Are you ready for a full beard statistical assault? Here goes (Click this link for the full infographic):
– London is the city where most men have been told to choose between their beard and their relationship by their partners (20 per cent)
– Parisian men are more likely to be influenced by fashion – Paris came in as the highest city of men who would wear a beard until it was no longer in fashion (24.4 per cent)
– Barcelona men grow beards quicker on average than men in the other cities – on average it takes them just 38 days
– The most popular careers for employed New York bearded men are: IT technician / internet or digital worker (7 per cent), followed by engineers (4.2 per cent). Construction workers and accountants are both equal third (4 per cent) closing the gap on white collar vs blue collar style
We know you love your beard, because we do too. But sometimes, you need to trim that sucker. And that’s where Braun wants to be part of your life.
The cruZer6 face is a piece of machinery we still use everyday, a steal at $80.00.
The Braun cruZer6 beard & head for $60.00 will help keep your beard, and life, in order.
Check out the website for more details.
Seventy nine percent of males still use holiday gifts they received in the past (seven years ago) according to a new survey from Braun, a leader in German engineering and high quality design since 1950. Looking for holiday shopping/grooming insight for upcoming articles?
The Braun holiday survey also revealed:
· Most (51 percent) men surveyed shave five to seven times per week
· Fifty-eight percent of men have received an electric shaver as a gift in the past
· Most (34 percent) men expect an electric shaver to last only three to four years
- Sixty-seven percent of respondents believe a smooth shave is likely to be the most popular facial hair style seven years from now, followed by the moustache (16 percent), goatee (16) and mutton chops (1 percent)
· Seventy-two percent of consumers are shopping for two to five men this holiday season
- Forty-three percent of respondents believe their father is the hardest male to shop for during the holidays, followed by friends (30 percent), brothers (19 percent) and grandfathers (8 percent)
To address the need for longer lasting gifts for males this holiday season, Braun offers Series 7. While most shavers last only a few years, Braun Series 7 is engineered to last seven, with dedicated teams of engineers and scientists putting Series 7 through more than 50 quality tests to simulate a five minute shave, seven days a week, for seven years. At the touch of a button, Braun’s Clean & Renewä innovation cleans, charges, lubricates and dries the shaver to maintain optimal cutting performance, while its features, including the Personalization Modes and OptiFoil™, help men to achieve Braun’s closest shave ever.