What exactly is a “Dreadnought”? 1) A person that fears nothing. 2) One that is amongst the largest and most powerful of its kind. Which makes it perfect to tackle your badass face skin that needs to be moisturized into submission.
Dreadnought is on a mission to convince the men of the world to “man up and moisturize!” And the new Dreadnought Cooling Moisturizer is a product featuring the “manliest of ingredients”.
Comprised of hard-assed, exotic compounds like Prickly Pear, Stinging Nettle and Fenugreek, they actually join forces to moisturize and reinvigorate the skin.
The moisturizer itself is a cream, not a gel, and has a full-bodied, thick consistency, yet quickly absorbs into the skin.
Also, you don’t have to douse yourself in the product to completely cover your targeted area. Because it is high-quality, a small dollop will cover the entire surface of your face.
The scent screamed “MAN!” without being invasive or overbearing, and has a certain stateliness to it. It lends itself to a quick spruce up before a night on the prowl and almost serves as an aftershave in that capacity, with a crisp, clean scent.
If you have tough, hard to moisturize (aka “manly”) skin that usually destroys inferior “brand x” products, take the challenge that is Dreadnought.
Oh, and the canister just looks cool sitting on your sink or designated “man grooming” area.
For more information and to check out the entire line of awesome Dreadnought products, visit the website here.
Men get bored easily. No matter how good a grooming product is, and no matter how much we like it, we’re always looking for the newest, hottest thing. Maybe it’s the thrill of the hunt or the excitement of a new conquest, but Birchbox has built a one of a kind delivery system around man’s natural instinct to choose and then fall in love with many partners.
Birchbox was founded in 2010 and helps consumers discover the best beauty, grooming and lifestyle products through monthly deliveries of curated, deluxe samples that are tailored to their grooming likes and dislikes.
Each box includes a mix of products across categories – from makeup and hair, to skincare and body – plus lifestyle extras. An important trend in the evolution of retail for both brands and consumers lies in the discovery experience.
Here’s how it works: For $20 a month, Birchbox will send you a monthly care package of high-end grooming and lifestyle samples from top brands. The contents of the package are determined in part by your Grooming Profile that you fill out on the site.
Tags: Birchbox Man, Gentlemen's Brand Co., Hair Repair from Sachajuan Stockholm, men's face lotion, men's grooming, men's hair care, men's skin care, Product Review: Birchbox Man, Sachajuan Stockholm, The Gentlemen's Brand Co. Daily Regime 3 Pack
The Schick Hydro 5 Sensitive Collection had all the sensitivity of a toddler petting a kitten on a pillow with a rainbow in the background, while listening to Richard Marx’s hit power ballad, “Hold Onto the Nights.”
As a dude, shaving your chin is a delicate, sensitive process. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve nicked myself in that particular area based solely on excessive speed and a lack of tenderness.
Luckily, the Schick Hydro 5 Sensitive is here to save us from ourselves. The Ultra Glide Blades are equipped with Skin Guards (that would be a sweet band name) that smooth the surface of the skin while you shave. In the 20-plus shaves I used the product, it didn’t happen once. And I sped through my shaves like a young Apollo Ohno.
Since we’re being sensitive, I have a confession to make. Thanks to investing in high priced, high-end shaving creams (not to be confused with the Tribe Called Quest classic, “The Low End Theory”) over the years, I’ve tended to look upon Edge products with a jaundiced eye.
I mean, look at the people Edge hangs out with — Wal-Mart, Target and almost any other national retail chain. Edge will pretty much align itself with anyone that will have it, and those whoreish tendencies have never been lost on me.
But, as with the case of many whores, there is also something that attracts you in the first place, no matter how many strange beds she’s laid in.
Tags: Color Me Badd, Edge Sensitive Pro Relief Shave Gel, Hold Onto The Nights, K-Ci & Jo-Jo, men's grooming, Men's shaving, Product Review: Schick Hydro 5 Sensitive Collection, Richard Marx, Schick Hydro 5 Groomer, Schick Hydro 5 Sensitive
- Old Spice Guy Terry Crews Said So – Terry Crews helped introduce new Old Spice Shave Gel last year, so he knows what he’s talking about. He also looks pretty intimidating with his shirt off.
- First Day of Spring (March 20) – It’s time for guys to hibernate those nasty winter beards.
- Beard Envy – With any new facial hair transplant comes the need for a new beard trimmer. Talk about taking advantage of a trend.
New Old Spice Electric Shavers and Trimmers:
- Hair Clipper ($49.99) – Like a lawn mower for your hair with 8 adjustable settings.
- Beard & Head Trimmer ($49.99) – Get your face and head shipshape with 12 adjustable settings for precisely trimmed beardstyles and hairstyles.
- Wet & Dry Shave & Trim ($59.99) – This is the pocket knife of shavers for your face. Shave, trim and define with one tool, in and out of the shower.
- Shaver ($69.99) – Like 3 smooth barbers for your face, this shaver features a triple-action cutting system with twin foils that shave off stubble and an integrated cutter that shortens longer hairs.
- Wet & Dry Shaver ($79.99) – Features triple-action cutting system that’s tough on hair and smooth on skin. Can be used on land or at sea (in the shower) with Old Spice shave gel. For more information on the new shavers, visit oldspice.com.
Sometimes in the office, it’s difficult just to survive. For instance, when a hooded gunman is stalking your beloved “cube farm” with an AK-47, like in the picture above; we’ve all been there. Or, at least felt like it, thanks to a tight deadline or when we’ve mistakenly hooked up with a female co-worker on a whim the night before.
Even on days when you aren’t cowering behind a formica tabletop to save your hide, just getting to work on time can prove difficult. When running late for work, it’s easy to overlook personal grooming and hygiene in order to be on time to the office. Reviews, meetings, plans, and interactions also have a way of rearing their head at inconvenient times. In order to prepare for wildly unexpected situations, 800razors.com, the burn-free razor company, shares its office survival kit.
1. Cut Those Hairs Down to Size – A few unruly neck hairs or a missed patch on your upper lip will have guys sweating bullets that someone will call them out for their missed razor stroke. A silky smooth razor with a thick lubricating strip in your desk, such as a razor from 800razors.com, will keep you razor-burn and hair free.
2. Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff – Body odor can eat at you and the noses of your work neighbors. Instead of worrying about stress sweats, grab your deodorant and rub it on, in private, of course.
3. Brush Away that Garlic Breathe – Oral hygiene plays a huge role in office interactions. While it may be a better idea to avoid potent foods that leave you gassy, having a new toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss is your best secondary line of defense.
4. A Pair to Spare – A sweaty summer day, a stressful meeting, or an untimely rain storm all have ways to make a disaster out of our outfit! Keep a pair of extra socks, underwear, or a t-shirt nearby to keep you feeling fresh and looking neat.
5. Dab It On – An accidental spill of coffee or food has a way of throwing off a guy’s appearance and mojo. Instead of soaking your clothing in the bathroom sink, keep a Tide To Go or other stain removing stick readily accessible to get your look and your attitude back into tip-top shape in no time.