Sometimes in the office, it’s difficult just to survive. For instance, when a hooded gunman is stalking your beloved “cube farm” with an AK-47, like in the picture above; we’ve all been there. Or, at least felt like it, thanks to a tight deadline or when we’ve mistakenly hooked up with a female co-worker on a whim the night before.
Even on days when you aren’t cowering behind a formica tabletop to save your hide, just getting to work on time can prove difficult. When running late for work, it’s easy to overlook personal grooming and hygiene in order to be on time to the office. Reviews, meetings, plans, and interactions also have a way of rearing their head at inconvenient times. In order to prepare for wildly unexpected situations, 800razors.com, the burn-free razor company, shares its office survival kit.
1. Cut Those Hairs Down to Size – A few unruly neck hairs or a missed patch on your upper lip will have guys sweating bullets that someone will call them out for their missed razor stroke. A silky smooth razor with a thick lubricating strip in your desk, such as a razor from 800razors.com, will keep you razor-burn and hair free.
2. Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff – Body odor can eat at you and the noses of your work neighbors. Instead of worrying about stress sweats, grab your deodorant and rub it on, in private, of course.
3. Brush Away that Garlic Breathe – Oral hygiene plays a huge role in office interactions. While it may be a better idea to avoid potent foods that leave you gassy, having a new toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss is your best secondary line of defense.
4. A Pair to Spare – A sweaty summer day, a stressful meeting, or an untimely rain storm all have ways to make a disaster out of our outfit! Keep a pair of extra socks, underwear, or a t-shirt nearby to keep you feeling fresh and looking neat.
5. Dab It On – An accidental spill of coffee or food has a way of throwing off a guy’s appearance and mojo. Instead of soaking your clothing in the bathroom sink, keep a Tide To Go or other stain removing stick readily accessible to get your look and your attitude back into tip-top shape in no time.
Seventy-eight percent of guys experience shaving irritation, according to the American Academy of Dermatology. As readers know all too well, this manifests in many different ways – Redness, flakes, razor burn, dryness, sensitivity – But what they likely don’t know is there’s one factor to blame for all of these problems, and it’s both surprising and preventable: It’s an off-balance pH. (Dust off that 8th grade science class vocabulary!)
Guys’ skin performs best at pH 5.5. At this slightly acidic pH, the skin’s barrier is optimized to seal moisture in and keep irritants out. But the soap, hot water, abrasive towels and harsh chemicals involved in the daily shave (and daily workout, daily shower, etc.) can raise skin’s pH as high as 9 or 10, causing dryness, breakouts and all those dreaded irritations.
This science has inspired the dermatologist-developed skin care brand Sebamed to launch NEW pH balanced grooming products for men, including an after shave balm and deodorant balm, formulated at exactly pH 5.5 to balance skin after each shave to solve these concerns. Free of soap, alkali, gluten and parabens, these new locker-room essentials will keep even the most sensitive skin smooth and soothed.
During this past Sunday’s Packers and Vikings overtime tie, the Fox camera kept cutting to the Packers sideline and showing a man that I assumed was an equipment manager on the sideline.
But it was no equipment manager; it was Packers stud QB Aaron Rodgers, sporting a moustache that would make any maintenance man proud.
I marveled at the thickness of it. If a man can grow a superior moustache, it’s his obligation to society to maintain it, if only for the kids.
In this world of shaved chests and hairless faces, it made me quiver with delight.
Speaking of moustaches, who better to talk about their cultural relevance than beard physician and sex oblect, Dr. Allan Peterkin?
Do it for the kids, friend.
If you were an assassin, who’s the first person you would kill? If you said notable pirates in 1715, Schick and “Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag” have your back.
For its latest product offering, Schick has teamed up with “Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag” to produce the stealthiest men’s shaving gift pack ever created. It’s so stealthy that if you acquire it while playing Secret Santa, you will have no idea who gave it to you.
The Schick Hydro 5 Holiday Gift Pack contains the following components: one Schick Hydro 5 Razor, one Schick Hydro canister of Sensitive Shave Gel, one Schick Hydro 5 Travel Cap, three Schick Hydro 5 Razor Cartridges, and one code for unlockable content in “Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag.”
Tags: Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, Christmas Gifts, men's grooming, Men's shaving, Product Review: Schick Hydro 5 Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag Holiday Gift Pack, Schick Hydro 5, Schick Hydro 5 Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag Holiday Gift Pack
The Yankees need a new closer and Brian Wilson needs a job. But he doesn’t want a job with the Yankees bad enough to shave his beard.
Brian Wilson’s agent told Yankees general manager Brian Cashman that Wilson won’t shave his beard. “Cross him off the list,” Cashman reportedly said.
So, who is actually worse off as a result; the Yankees or Brian Wilson?
For a guy, there are few things worse than reaching into a toiletry kit for an item and coming up short on the necessary essentials. Whether it’s a trip to his significant other’s, “paratrooping” for a place to stay, or simply spending a night with friends, being unprepared can really dampen an overnight stay.
800razors.com, the burn-free razor company, shares its top 6 items that no man’s overnight kit should be without.
1. Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Floss – Oral hygiene is absolutely crucial. Not taking care of your teeth, tongue, and mouth is a sure fire way to scare away love interests and friends. The only thing worse than a seed stuck in between your teeth is rancid morning breathe.
2. Razors – If your name isn’t “wolfman,” you’re not going to grow a beard over night. However, unless you’re a meticulous shaver, you may have missed a strip on your face, jaw line, or down under. Ordering subscription-based razors from 800razors.com ensures you’ll always have high-quality, American-made razors ready to go.
3. Corrective Lenses, Solution, Case – Sleeping with contact lenses in invites unsightly eye irritation. Be prepared with solution and a case to keep your eyes and lenses clean. When the contacts are out, avoid looking like a blind bat by bringing eyeglasses.
4. Condoms – The Boy Scout’s motto “Be Prepared” is as important as ever when hanging out with a love interest. Nothing kills the mood like “I forgot one.”
5. Q-Tips – No one wants to see that yellow crap coming out of your ears. Steal a minute in the bathroom and dig it out. Q-tips also come in handy for other needed cleaning exercises, such as removing belly-button lint.
6. Deodorant & Cologne – Unless your natural musk is “Ironman” or “Extreme Blast,” don’t forget to bring deodorant and cologne to mask your manly, sweaty scent.
When out for the night, you can’t afford to forget anything within your toiletry kit! We hope you’ll share these tips from 800razors.com to safeguard against forgetful packing.
800razors.com, the burn-free razor company, today challenges the World Series champion Boston Red Sox players to help stand up to cancer and show their support by turning playoff beards into Movember mustaches for the entire month of November.
Movember is a month-long event that raises awareness for testicular cancer, prostate cancer, and mental health issues impacting men. Men around the world are challenged to grow a mustache and show their solidarity for this important cause.
“Let’s talk balls – testicles not baseballs”, said Philip Masiello, President of 800razors.com and a die-hard Yankees fan. “The Boston Red Sox showed they had the balls to win the World Series. Now, I challenge this Red Sox team to show they have the balls to raise awareness for cancer. If 10 players accept my challenge, I will personally drive razors up to Boston and help them shave their beards into mustaches on Monday. If they keep their mustaches through the month of November, 800razors.com will make a donation to the Movember charity in their names.”
Those that have survived prostate or testicular cancer are encouraged to share their stories at 800razors.com’s Facebook Page to help raise awareness and encourage others to get checked. In addition, 800razors.com challenges other businesses to get involved by rallying together to grow mustaches, encourage check-ups for early detection and donate to the Movember cause.
Says Masiello, “I encourage all men to get an exam, go to a clinic, see their doctor, do a self-exam—do whatever it takes to stay healthy and remove the stigma associated with testicular and prostate cancer!”
800razors.com (www.800razors.com) is the burn-free razor company. 800razors.com sells American-made razors that compare to Fusion, Mach III and Venus for about half the price. 800razors.com ensures people get the best razor for the best shave at the best price or it will provide a full refund via its Burn-Free Guarantee – no skin burn, wallet burn, or American job-loss burn. Founded in 2012, 800razors.com is headquartered in Boca Raton, FL. For more information visit 800razors.com.
As I stood in Arrowhead Stadium — section 125, row 33 — rocking the #83 jersey of Raiders legend Ted Hendricks, the last thing on my mind was the shave I enjoyed that morning courtesy of a razor from 800razors.com.
There I was, getting my sexuality questioned by endless Chiefs fans, in front of endless Chiefs fans in an assault befitting of Kansas City’s league leading defense. But one thing that wasn’t getting questioned was the closeness of the shave delivered via the five-0lade men’s razor from 800razors.com.
Just like the Raiders, 800razors.com is anti-establishment. If the razor game were the AFC West, 800razors.com would be gunning for opposing pretty boy quarterbacks in Denver and San Diego. Sorry KC, outside of Joe Montana, you’ve never had one. From the company’s site:
“Gillette — the monopoly-like gorilla of the razor industry — burns people with their outrageous prices, while the internet razor guys with the funny video burn people by importing crappy razors from Asia and screwing Americans out of jobs. 800razors.com ensures people get the best razor for the best shave at the best price or it will provide a full refund via its Burn-Free Guarantee — no skin burn, wallet burn, or American job-loss burn.”
There is no feeling on earth like sliding into the $125 robe in your room at the Ritz Carlton after spending six hours on the most difficult obstacle course in the world. Wait a minute, did someone say “Carlton”? I thought they did.
This robe is the kind of robe Carlton would’ve rocked when he was on “Silver Spoons” with Ricky Schroeder. God, how I yearned to ride on that sweet in-house train, even just to go get the mail. Imagine me and the robe and the train. We’d run a train on the train; me, Carlton, the robe, Ricky… good times.
Sure, I thought about stealing the robe. Who wouldn’t? But the minute I stepped foot off the premises, the magic would’ve been gone, like when a young Moonlight Graham steps over the foul line in “Field of Dreams” to be irrevocable transformed into Doc, the kindly doctor who removes a piece of hot dog from Kevin Costner’s daughter’s airway to save her life.
Anyway, I left the robe, and about a pound of ball skin, on the mountain that day, and lived to tell the tale.
- Keeping it REAL klassy on the mountain…
But you know what I didn’t leave on the mountain that day, friends? Sweat, or a stench of any kind. That’s because Degree had my back, not unlike the way Chuck Norris had Jonathan Brandis’ back in the movie “Sidekicks.”
Degree allows you to DO: MORE with three levels of protection.
Tags: Arctic Enema, Berlin Walls, Breaking Bad, Breaking Bad The Cousins, Cage Crawl, Carlton Banks, Chuck Norris, Corey Feldman, Degree, Degree Clinical Series, Degree DO:MORE, Degree Men Adrenaline Series, Degree Men Dry Protection, Electric Eel, Field of Dreams, Fresh Prince Of Bel Air, Jonathan Brandis, Kevin Costner, Liss Of Mud, Meatballs 4, Men's Deodorant, men's grooming, Moonligh Graham, Northstar Mountain, Rambo III, Ricky Schroeder, Ritz Carlton, Sidekicks Chuck Norris, Silver Spoons, Sylvester Stallone, Tough Mudder, Tough Mudder Lake Tahoe 2013, Train From Silver Spoons
I am not a bald man, but I know an effective head-shaving razor when I see one.
It looks gimmicky at first, but the minute you insert your fingers and take it for a ride, you notice it was built for maximum efficiency and ease of use. Once you use it, you wonder why no one had ever thought of this before.