It’s cold out, so it’s time to grow a beard, especially if you play for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Current Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel is the latest Steelers player to dawn a beard that most men can only fantasize about. “Da Beard” as it has been dubbed, has it’s own facebook page and Twitter account, and presumably, a slew of willing women.
Prior to “Da Beard”, longtime Steelers guard Alan Faneca rocked a beard of similar girth, using it to mushroom stamp defenders and put them on their backs.
So in a head to head battle of recent Steelers history, whose beard is the “Alpha Beard” – Keisel’s or Faneca’s?
It’s Movember, the month formerly known as November, which is dedicated to growing moustaches and raising awareness and funds for men’s health. A moustache (Mo) will spark conversations, and no doubt generate some laughs; all in the name of raising vital awareness and funds for cancers affecting men.
Why be so passionate about men’s health?
* 1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime
* A man is diagnosed with prostate cancer every 2.2 minutes
* 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime
* 24% of men are less likely to go the doctor compared to women
Check out http://us.movember.com/about to join the “mo”vement.
This week Colts punter Pat McAfee decided to shave off 12 inches of his hair and donate it to “Locks for Love” which is great because his hair looked ridiculous. Many people have speculated that he grew his hair out during the past year as a disguise thanks to a strange public intoxication arrest last October.
Hey, at least he knows how to party.
From the beginning of time men have struggled mightily with maintaining respectable hairstyles that they can call their own.
Despite the perpetual snickering of their peers and the cringes of women, some men continue to stick to their guns with hairstyles that just don’t cut it.
In honor of infamously horrendous hairdos, PERT Plus put together a list of the worst hairstyles of all time that should be avoided at all costs.
· The Mullet – The mullet has been so maligned that it now on the verge of extinction. However, you really have to respect those that still rock the mullet. They know that the whole world is laughing at them, but they just don’t care.
· The Comb-Over – Dude… just let it go.
· The Rattail – It is hard to believe that at some point in history a guy created the rattail and then went out in public where some other guy saw him and thought, “hey that guy is groomed like a rat, that looks great!” and then proceeded to adopt the hairstyle himself.
· The Bowl Cut – This hairstyle might have looked good when you were 10. Wait… no it didn’t.
· The Flat Top – While many fine Americans (Johnny Unitas, Big Daddy Kane) and non-Americans (Ivan Drago) alike have sported flat tops, so has Vanilla Ice.
Just because the “Predator” is chasing you thru the jungle doesn’t mean you have to use substandard shaving products. And even if he isn’t, if you aren’t going to spend money on a decent shave cream, you need to readjust your priorities.
Sure, you’re used to the act of dragging cold metal across dry, fractured skin in an effort to remove facial hair– you’ve been doing it that way for years. But did you know that shaving can be rewarding? That when done correctly, with a high end product, it can make your life better?
Try out Twin Luxe then tell me I’m wrong.